Friday, September 10, 2010

Stop It

So there's this video I found on You Tube. It's a MadTV epidsode with the sublime Bob Newhart. Bob plays a wise therapist who has found the solution for every mental malady. Just watch





Brilliant, right? Just knock it off! Whatever it is stop it. What's my response and the response of just about everyone else who deals with anything...IT'S NOT THAT EASY! Or is it? What if you could just turn it off? Tonight I got anxious. I have had a really hard time getting to sleep, just when I get close, BOOM goes the dynamite.

So I got up and talked to John, at some point, I started to get pissed. I'm just so tired of this. I hate feeling trapped in my own head. I hate that this all happened so suddenly. The day I got help for depression is the one day in my life I think I would take back if I could. I got mad, and John noticed immediately that my voice changed. It got deeper and the fear dissapeared.

Maybe I need Bob's kind of therapy. The kind that's not nice, but blunt and real. The kind that reminds you that there are very few records of people dealing with this before the age of self-help and medication for everything. Sorry, probably not fair.

With any luck though, maybe I can just STOP IT.